How to get the badge Noble Warrior Hero and other badges that need special watches
Today (March 8) is the International Women's Day and you can be awarded with the badge Noble Warrior Hero if you record an activity with your Captain Marvel Watch.
If you got the watch there is no problem at all. Just log an activity. But what to do if you still want that badge and don't have that watch?
Note that these method works for all badges and challenges that got a device requirement.
I use three different tools for editing FIT files depending on what I would like to do exactly.
- Fitfiletools.com - Free tools to edit FIT files. Very useful. Check it out. You can change to many of the Garmin devices but not to the Marvel or Star Wars watches. They are missing. If you like the service and use it then please donate to make it stay free and up and running (It isn't my service)
- Fitfilerepairtool - License $49. Will fix pretty much anything in a FIT file. Will automatically fix errors in FIT files if they are not accepted by Garmin. Extremely useful, but can be pretty hard to understand. You can change to any device you like, but not all are listed so you need to know the id of the device which can be found in the Garmin SDK.
- Gotoes - Free for basic use, donation $10 to get all features like exporting as FIT files. The best function is that you can combine data from multiple files into one. It got the Marvel and Star Wars watches listed so it is the easiest one to use here. Note that you need to donate $10 to be able to export as FIT file. You can also get the badge with a TCX file.
How to set the device in the FIT file
- Do the required activity.
- Browse to the activity in Garmin Connect Web. Click the cog wheel in upper right corner and Export Original.
- A zip file is downloaded. Extract the zip file and save the FIT file to the disc.
- Browse to gotoes and the tool to use: https://gotoes.org/strava/Combine_GPX_TCX_FIT_Files.php
- Click Choose Files and select your FIT file.
- Click Upload and after upload click Click Here For Next Step
- Make sure the Output File Format is set to FIT
- Change GPS Type in Output File to Garmin Legacy Hero Series Captain Marvel
- Click Click Here to Combine GPS Files Using Above Parameters
- A new FIT file is downloaded prefixed with GOTOES_
- Import the FIT file to Garmin Connect on the import page.
- Remember to remove the original activity to not get two activities logged when it should be just one.