Garminbadges Updater Chrome Browser Extension
Chrome Web Store.
I've been using it myself for a while and it is working very good.
Link to the extension
Its only purpose is to get the badge and challenge data from Garmin Connect and upload it to Garmin Badge Database.
- Install the extension from Chrome Web Store.
- Enter username and email address for your garminbadges.com account in the extension options.
- Browse to Garmin Connect (https://connect.garmin.com) and login.
- Click the extension to display the Update button.
- Click the Update button and wait until you get the message that the update is finished.
There are a number of pros with this solution:
- You no longer need to enter your Garmin Connect credentials in my site.
- It will work with 2FA (two factor authentication).
- It removes the need for my server to do all fetching. Garmin will rate limit my server if many users update their data in the same time period. Now the fetching of data will be distributed to each user.
- 2022-02-01 - I fixed an issue with automatically opening of the options page if username and email haven't been entered. Version 1.2 is in review at Google.
- 2022-02-02 - Version 1.2 is public and fixed the issue with opening of options.
- 2022-02-15 - Version 1.3 is public. Three new options added: Open garminbadges.com main page, open challenge page and enable/disable success popup.